Adrian E. Cortes
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 18a|
Cortes's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Unless you can take care of your family by putting food on the table and a roof over their heads, not much else matters. A job is the single most important need that our families have and it is my first priority."
- Excerpt:"We must fully support and fund education, the state constitution states so, our children deserve it and the state supreme court has ruled that basic education must be fully funded by 2018."
Prioritizing and Improving state government through responsible state spending
- Excerpt:"We must, as a state, stop the constant gimmicks, accounting maneuvers and other short term fixes for our state budget. Yes, we have all been affected by the ‘Great Recession’, including our state however, we need to shift our budget priorities to one that accurately reflects the new realities."
CRC (Columbia River Crossing Project)
- Excerpt:"I am in support of a project that spans the Columbia River; the project that we have been presented with is not the answer, however."
Cortes ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 18a. Cortes was unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary and was defeated by Brandon Vick (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 18a, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Adrian + Cortes + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |