|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 12B|
|Profession||Senior Citizens' Advocate, Horizon Health, Incorporated|
Doty works as a Senior Citizens' Advocate with Horizon Health, Incorporated. He previously worked as a teacher and wrestling coach at Pierz Healy High School from 1968-1999.
Doty is a founding member of AmAlan Federation of Teachers Local 1923, Faith Community Church, Pierz Fish Lake Property Owners Association, and the Morrison County Hazardous Waste Committee. He is also a member of the Heartland Region Minnesota Senior Federation, Morrison County Council on Aging, National Rifle Association, Nature Conservancy, and the Rice Creek Sportsmen's Club.
Doty is married and has 2 stepchildren.
Doty's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Health care costs
- Excerpt:"Health care costs are far too high, but putting off treatment until conditions are worse costs us all even more, so it’s critically important to have good health care coverage for all people."
- Excerpt:"It’s the state’s job to adequately fund our schools, but it hasn’t been working equally well in all parts of the state. We need to update formulas to make sure rural Minnesota students have the same advantages as suburban students."
- Excerpt:"Improved roads as a result of the gas tax have been a huge benefit to the area, but we are still barely able to keep up with needed maintenance."
- Excerpt:"We need to combine environmental protection with economic reality. The state needs to continue incentives for private individuals and small businesses to develop and use those technologies, and I favor looking at sensible approaches to all energy options as we plan for our future."
- Excerpt:"I choose to be pro-life and my 100% rating from MCCL every year in office speaks for itself."
Prior to leaving the house, Doty served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs (Vice Chair)
- Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs Finance Division
- Environment and Natural Resources Finance Division
- Veterans Affairs Division
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Al Doty was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ron Kresha was unopposed in the Republican primary. Kresha faces Doty in the general election.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Paul Gazelka Incumbent||53.7%||20,527|
Al Doty raised $48,118 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 12B (2008)|
|Al Doty (DFL)||10,071||50.11%|
|Mike Lemieur (R)||9,995||49.73%|
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Al Doty's 2008 campaign.
|Crow Wing County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,750|
|8th Congressional District Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,000|
|Morrison County Democrat-Farmer-Labor||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Al + Doty + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Al Doty's personal website
- Minnesota House of Representatives - Rep. Doty
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Al Doty on LinkedIn
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Doty
- "aldoty," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Doty's 2008 campaign contributions
|Minnesota State House District 12B
| Succeeded by|
Mike Lemieur (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |