Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 8|
|High school||Perry High School|
|J.D.||Drake University Law School|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1983-2004|
Riggenberg currently works with United States Strategic Command in Council Bluffs, Iowa. He attended Drake University, receiving a Juris Doctor degree and a Bachelor's degree in both Political Science and History.
Riggenberg's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Government does not have a revenue problem. It has a spending problem."
- Excerpt:"Main Street business in Iowa pays some of the highest property taxes in the nation -- putting us at a competitive disadvantage with other states."
- Excerpt:"I believe the unborn child is a person, and the unborn have a God-given right to life. I oppose late-term abortion, and WILL fight to ensure legislation receives a fair debate and a vote."
- Excerpt:" I support an amendment to the Iowa constitution that restores marriage as a union of one man and one woman."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Ringgenberg ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 8. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by District 50 incumbent Michael E. Gronstal in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Gronstal Incumbent||55.3%||12,632|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Al + Ringgenberg + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Al Riggenberg on Facebook
- Al Riggenberg on Twitter