Alabama's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 3, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Robert Aderholt (R), who was first elected in 1996.
The 4th District is located in the northern portion of the state and stretches horizontally across the state. Dekalb, Etowah, Marshall, Cullman, Walker, Winston, Lawrence, Tuscaloosa, Fayette, Colbert, Franklin, Marion and Lamar counties are included.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
- Robert Aderholt - Incumbent
Did not make ballot
|U.S. House, Alabama District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel H. Boman||25.9%||69,706|
|Republican||Robert Aderholt Incumbent||74%||199,071|
|Source: Alabama Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Alabama District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Robert Aderholt Incumbent||100%||167,714|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Alabama, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed July 28, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed July 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Alabama Redistricting, "Map," accessed July 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"