Alabama 1996 ballot measures
Revision as of 15:39, 5 July 2011 by Cl1987
1996 ballot in Alabama.Five statewide ballot measures were on the
- Only one went down to defeat--a measure that would have allowed public officials to participate in the state employees' retirement system.
- Voters approved a measure to allow local governments in three cities to pass ordinances allowing for-profit bingo
- All measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Hunting||Guarantees the right to hunt and fish in Alabama|
|Amendment 2||Taxes||Allow public officials to participate in the state employees' retirement system|
|Amendment 3||Law enforcement||Removes the prohibition on guilty pleas within 15 days of arrest in non-capital felony cases|
|Amendment 4||Gambling||Governing bodies in three cities can allow bingo operations for profit|
|Amendment 5||Gambling||Allows Jefferson county to establish monetary bingo prizes|
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of Alabama ballot measures
- Alabama Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state