Alabama Assets and Liabilities Transfer Amendment, Amendment 5 (2012)
|Referred by:||Alabama Legislature|
|Status:||On the ballot|
The measure deals with transferring the assets and liabilities of the Water Works and Sewer Board of the City of Richard to the Board of Water and Sewer Commissioners of the City of Mobile. The measure was sent to the ballot during 2011 state legislative session.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
LIVE election results will be posted when polls close on November 6, 2012 and when numbers start to roll in.
|Result not yet known|
Text of measure
The ballot language that voters will see on the ballot reads as follows:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, to provide for the transfer of the assets and liabilities of the Water Works and Sewer Board of the City of Prichard to the Board of Water and Sewer Commissioners of the City of Mobile, presently known as the Mobile Area Water Sewer System.
- The sponsors of the bill during session were State Senator Arthur Orr, Rusty Glover, Bill Holtzclaw and Paul Bussman, among others.
No formal opposition has been identified yet.
Path to the ballot
- Information retrieved by Ballotpedia when obtaining documents from Alabama Secretary of State.
- Alabama Secretary of State, "2011-543", Retrieved August 27, 2012
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Senate Bill 112", Retrieved September 18, 2012