Alabama Business Privilege Tax Amendment, Amendment 9 (2012)
|Referred by:||Alabama Legislature|
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
The following are unofficial election results:
|Alabama Amendment 9|
32 out of 67 precincts reporting
Results via the Alabama Secretary of State's website.
Text of measure
The ballot language that voters saw on the ballot read as follows:
|“||Proposing an amendment to the private corporation provisions of Article 12 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, to become effective January 1, 2014, to continue the authority of the Legislature to pass general laws pertaining to corporations and other entities; to continue the authority of the Legislature to regulate and impose a business privilege tax on corporations and other entities; and to repeal various provisions concerning private corporations, railroads, and canals.
No formal opposition was identified by Ballotpedia.
No campaign contributions were made in favor or opposition of the measure, according to state election websites.
Path to the ballot
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Act Number 2012-275 (House Bill 357)", Retrieved June 11, 2012
- Alabama Secretary of State, "2012-275", Retrieved August 27, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Secretary of State, "FCPA Reports", Retrieved November 26, 2012