|Alaska House of Representatives District 35|
|January 26, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||6|
|Years in position (previous service)||6|
|House Majority Leader, Alaska House of Representatives|
|Per diem||$238 or $253/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alaska State Senate|
|High school||Kodiak High School, 1958-1961|
|Date of birth||May 23, 1943|
|Place of birth||Everett, WA|
Austerman previously served in the House from 1994-2000. He was elected to the Alaska State Senate in 2000, and resigned from the position in February 2003.
He is currently the owner/operator of Alan Austerman Consulting and Lobbyist Services. He served as a Sergeant (E-5) in the Alaska National Guard and worked in the Kodiak Police Department.
Austerman sits on the Board of Directors of the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation, and is a member of the Council of State Governments - West, Energy & Environment Committee, Ducks Unlimited, and the Kodiak Alaska State Parks Advisory Committee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Austerman served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance, Co-Chair|
|• Legislative Budget and Audit|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Austerman served on these committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Community & Regional Affairs|
|• Military & Veterans' Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Austerman served on these committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2009|
- HB 132 - "An Act authorizing municipalities and nonprofit organizations to sponsor a program to encourage the safe use of bicycles as an alternative or supplement to motor vehicles; amending the duties of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development to include administration of state funds appropriated for that purpose"
- HB 186 - "An Act declaring that certain firearms and accessories are exempt from federal regulation."
Austerman ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Alaska House of Representatives District 35. He ran unopposed in the August 28, 2012, Republican primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012. Austerman won re-election in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 35, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Alan Austerman Incumbent||96.8%||5,226|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 36 General Election (2010)|
|Alan Austerman (R)||3,053|
|Terry J. Haines (D)||1,405|
In 2008 Austerman was elected to the Alaska House of Representatives District 36. Austerman (R) finished with 3,245 votes while his opponent Andrew Lundquist (D) finished with 2,805 votes. Austerman raised $24,159 for his campaign fund.
|Alaska House of Representatives District 36|
|Alan Austerman (R)||3,245|
|Andrew Lundquist (D)||2,805|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Austerman raised $14,930 in contributions. 
His six largest contributors were:
|Alaska Communications Systems||$1,200|
|Neeser, Gerald E||$1,000|
|Alaska Public Employees Local 71||$1,000|
|Alaska Laborers Local 341||$1,000|
In 2008 Austerman raised $24,159 for his campaign fund. Five of his top contributors are listed below.
|AK Republican Party||$2,000|
|AK Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|Southeast Alaska Seiners||$1,000|
Austerman and his wife Ginny have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alan + Austerman + Alaska + House"
- Alan Austerman's personal website
- Alaska State Legislature - Representative Alan Austerman
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1990
- Alaska's House Majority - Alan Austerman profile
- Alan Austerman on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Austerman
- Alaska Legislature - Bills Sponsored/Co-Sponsored by Rep. Austerman
- Alaska Division of Elections - August 28, 2012 Primary Candidate List
- Alaska Division of Elections, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Alaska Election Division "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 16, 2012
- August 24, 2010 primary results
- November 2, 2010 election results
- Alaska House of Representatives official election results
- Campaign funds
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Alaska House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 36
| Succeeded by|
Bryce Edgmon (D)