|Alabama House of Representatives District 61|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Per diem||Included in salary|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama, 1986|
|Profession||Tuscaloosa County Industrial Development Authority|
Harper has worked for the Tuscaloosa County Industrial Development Authority.
He is a member of the Aliceville Area Chamber of Commerce, Aliceville Rotary Club, DCH Regional Medical Center Institutional Review Commission, Economic Development Association of Alabama, Gordo Area Chamber of Commerce, Pickens County Cattlemen's Association, Reform Chamber of Commerce, and the Tenn-Tom Waterway Development Council.
Harper has been appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on K-12 Appropriations
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 61 General Election (2010)|
|Alan Harper (D)||11,102|
|Frank Chandler (R)||3,167|
Harper raised $148,106 for his campaign, while Chandler raised $12,990.
|Alabama State House, District 61 (2006)|
|Alan Harper (D)||8,168|
|Frank Chandler (R)||3,760|
In 2010, Harper raised $130,646 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$11,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Harper collected $148,106 in donations.
Below are Harper's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$20,000|
|Alabama Education Asssoc||$15,000|
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alan + Harper + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Harper and his wife Jean have two children.
- Alan Harper's campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Alan Harper
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
|Alabama House District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|