|Alabama House of Representatives District 61|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
November 5, 2014
|Profession||Tuscaloosa County Industrial Development Authority|
Harper has worked for the Tuscaloosa County Industrial Development Authority.
He is a member of the Aliceville Area Chamber of Commerce, Aliceville Rotary Club, DCH Regional Medical Center Institutional Review Commission, Economic Development Association of Alabama, Gordo Area Chamber of Commerce, Pickens County Cattlemen's Association, Reform Chamber of Commerce, and the Tenn-Tom Waterway Development Council.
Harper did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Harper has been appointed to these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Tuscaloosa County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Subcommittee on K-12 Appropriations
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 61 General Election (2010)|
|Alan Harper (D)||11,102|
|Frank Chandler (R)||3,167|
Harper raised $148,106 for his campaign, while Chandler raised $12,990.
|Alabama State House, District 61 (2006)|
|Alan Harper (D)||8,168|
|Frank Chandler (R)||3,760|
In 2006, Harper collected $148,106 in donations.
Below are Harper's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$20,000|
|Alabama Education Asssoc||$15,000|
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
- Alan Harper's campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Alan Harper
- Project Vote Smart - Alan Harper
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
|Alabama House District 61
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|