For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Alan S. Dick
Revision as of 19:15, 10 April 2011 by Musical
|Alan S. Dick|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6|
| Assumed office|
January 24, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 24, 2013
Dick has worked as a construction worker, an educator, and a private pilot.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dick has been appointed to the following committees:
- Community & Regional Affairs Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Chair
- Health & Social Services Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Resources Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Finance Subcommittees:
- Subcommittee on Education and Early Development
- Subcommittee on Environmental Conservation
- Subcommittee on Fish and Game
- Subcommittee on Health and Social Services
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Alan S. Dick (R)||3,131||58.16%|
|Woodie Salmon (D)||2,210||41.06%|
Dick lists the following state issues on his website:
- Excerpt: "As a State, we need to become more independent. We need to carefully but deliberately utilize our natural resources."
- Excerpt: "Schools should reflect the unique nature of each community. The current model is NOT working well."
- Self sufficiency
- Excerpt: "All communities need to become economically more self-sufficient. "
- Excerpt: "Outmigration of villages and small towns can be reversed by honestly identifying the problems and dealing with them. Financial accountability for resources given to the villages heads the list."
- Excerpt: "As I talk with people in our district, representation is the biggest issue! Many people say they have been unrepresented or under-represented in both the House and the Senate."
- Fuel costs
- Excerpt: "Fuel costs are staggering for remote villages. I am learning exciting possibilities and will be pursuing the solutions and urge you to share your ideas for of how to cut energy expenses for all of us."
|Alaska House District 6
| Succeeded by|