Alan S. Dick
Revision as of 20:15, 10 April 2011 by Musical
|Alan S. Dick|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6|
| Assumed office|
January 24, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 24, 2013
Dick has worked as a construction worker, an educator, and a private pilot.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dick has been appointed to the following committees:
- Community & Regional Affairs Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Chair
- Health & Social Services Committee, Alaska House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Resources Committee, Alaska House of Representatives
- Finance Subcommittees:
- Subcommittee on Education and Early Development
- Subcommittee on Environmental Conservation
- Subcommittee on Fish and Game
- Subcommittee on Health and Social Services
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6 General Election (2010)|
|Alan S. Dick (R)||3,131||58.16%|
|Woodie Salmon (D)||2,210||41.06%|
Dick lists the following state issues on his website:
- Excerpt: "As a State, we need to become more independent. We need to carefully but deliberately utilize our natural resources."
- Excerpt: "Schools should reflect the unique nature of each community. The current model is NOT working well."
- Self sufficiency
- Excerpt: "All communities need to become economically more self-sufficient. "
- Excerpt: "Outmigration of villages and small towns can be reversed by honestly identifying the problems and dealing with them. Financial accountability for resources given to the villages heads the list."
- Excerpt: "As I talk with people in our district, representation is the biggest issue! Many people say they have been unrepresented or under-represented in both the House and the Senate."
- Fuel costs
- Excerpt: "Fuel costs are staggering for remote villages. I am learning exciting possibilities and will be pursuing the solutions and urge you to share your ideas for of how to cut energy expenses for all of us."
|Alaska House District 6
| Succeeded by|