Alaska 1960 ballot measures
- 1 initiative appeared on the Primary August 9th ballot, while 6 appeared on the General ballot on November 8.
- This was the year that the state saw its first-ever statewide ballot initiative.
- There were also six bonding propositions on the ballot.
- Two measures were defeated, while five were approved.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Admin of gov't||Move state capital from Juneau to Anchorage||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 1||Bond issues||$9 million for state office buildings in Anchorage and Fairbanks||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 2||Bond issues||$23 million for ferries and roads||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 3||Bond issues||$1.5 million for vocational education||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 4||Bond issues||$2 million for University of Alaska||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 5||Bond issues||$2.5 million for hospital construction and equipment||
|Alaska BP||Proposition 6||Bond issues||$1.5 million for Bush airfields||
- 1960 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- Alaska Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |