Alaska 1974 ballot measures
- Three measures were on the August 22, 1974 primary election ballot.
- Ten measures were on the November 5, 1974 general election ballot.
- Three were indirect initiated state statutes
- Ten were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- This was the year that constitutional amendments were switched from the primary ballot to the general election ballot for voters to decide.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Elections||Provides that constitutional amendments shall appear on general election ballots|
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Capitals||Requires the state to find a location for a new capital in "Western Alaska"|
|IndISS||Initiative 2||Gov't Acc||Requires the disclosure of personal finances of candidates for and holders of state offices|
|BI||Proposition 1||Bonds||Issues $2,700,000 in bonds for fire protection facilities|
|BI||Proposition 2||Bonds||Issues $22,500,000 in bonds for port facilities|
|BI||Proposition 3||Bonds||Issues $7,900,000 in bonds for library construction|
|BI||Proposition 4||Bonds||Issues $10,400,000 in bonds for trunk and secondary airport construction|
|BI||Proposition 5||Bonds||Issues $37,300,000 in bonds for highway, ferry, local service road and trail construction|
|BI||Proposition 6||Bonds||Issues $10,900,000 in bonds for healthcare facilities|
|BI||Proposition 7||Bonds||Issues $10,500,000 in bonds for fish and game management, development and enforcement facilities|
|BI||Proposition 8||Bonds||Issues $7,515,000 in bonds for pioneers' homes|
|BI||Proposition 9||Bonds||Issues $40,477,000 in bonds for rural schools|
|BI||Proposition 10||Bonds||Issues $39,523,000 in bonds for the University of Alaska|
- 1974 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- Alaska Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
- Alaska Elections Website
- I and R Institute, History of Alaska's Initiatives
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Initiative and Referenda information
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |