Alaska 2006 ballot measures
Revision as of 13:20, 19 July 2009 by January
Four ballot measures were on the 2006 ballot in Alaska. Two were on the August 22 statewide primary ballot, and two on the November general election ballot. All four were citizen-initiated indirect state statutes.
- Altogether, pro and con, $3,074,052 was spent on 2006 Alaskan ballot measure campaigns.
- Wording for 17 citizen initiatives was submitted, but only 4 qualified.
- From 1960, the first year Alaskans voted on an initiative, through 2006, Alaskans considered a total of 41 statewide initiatives, approving 22 and rejecting 19.
August 2006 ballot
|IDS||Campaign Finance Initiative||Elections||Places more restrictions on spending|
|IDS||Shipping Tax Initiative||Category:Taxes, Alaska||Tax certain types of shipping vessels, including cruise lines|
November 2006 ballot
|IDS||90 Day Legislative Session||Administration of Government||90 day session|
|IDS||Gasline Now!||Taxes||New tax on oil and gas leases|
- Alaska 2006 citizen initiatives
- List of Alaska ballot measures 1960-present
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
- Campaign finance requirements for Alaska ballot measures
- Alaska Elections Website
- Alaska 2006 August primary election results
- Alaska 2006 November general election results