Alaska 2006 ballot measures
Revision as of 11:49, 1 September 2008 by MMH
Alaskan voters considered a total of four ballot propositions in 2006. Two appeared on the August 22 statewide primary ballot, and two on the November general election ballot.
- Wording for 17 citizen initiatives was submitted, but only 4 qualified.
- From 1960, the first year Alaskans voted on an initiative, through 2006, Alaskans considered a total of 41 statewide initiatives, approving 22 and rejecting 19.
What was on the August ballot
|IDS||Campaign Finance Initiative||Elections||Places more restrictions on spending||Passed||113,130||41,386|
|IDS||Shipping Tax Initiative||Category:Taxes, Alaska||Tax certain types of shipping vessels, including cruise lines||Passed||81,693||75,432|
What was on the November ballot
|IDS||90 Day Legislative Session||Administration of Government||90 day session||Passed||117,675||113,832|
|IDS||Gasoline Now!||Taxes||New tax on oil and gas leases||Failed||80,909||152,889|
- Alaska 2006 citizen initiatives
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
- Campaign finance requirements for Alaska ballot measures
- Alaska Elections Website
- I and R Institute, History of Alaska's Initiatives
- National Conference of State Legislatures, Initiative and Referenda information