Alaska 2010 ballot measures
- Two ballot measures were on the August 24, 2010 primary ballot
- Three ballot measures were slated for the November 2, 2010 general election ballot.
- The Alaska State Legislature had until April 19, 2010 to refer a measure to the ballot, when session ended.
- A final number of eight ballot initiatives were filed with the Alaska Division of Elections.
- Two measures on the ballot were legislatively-referred state statutes, two measures were indirect initiated state statutes, and one was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Measure 1||Gov't Acc||Prohibits publicly funded lobbying|
|IndISS||Measure 2||Abortion||Forbids a minor from getting an abortion without a doctor informing at least one parent|
|BI||Bonding Proposition A||Bond issues||Issues bonds for veterans residential mortgages|
|BI||Bonding Proposition B||Bond issues||Issues $380 million in bonds for various projects|
|Measure 1||Legislature||Adds seats to the Alaska Legislature|
Not on the ballot
|IndISS||Gas Reserve Tax Levy||Taxes||An Act levying a tax on certain gas reserves|
|Dedicated Funds Amendment||Transportation||Allow for dedicated funds such as the Transportation Infrastructure Fund|
|AQ||Pipeline Funding Question||Resources||State money to fund gas pipeline and money be taken from permanent fund|
|Healthcare Amendment||Healthcare||Prohibit national mandates on health care policy|
See also: Alaska 2012 ballot measures for a list of initiatives whose sponsors started circulating their measures prior to the January 15, 2010 Alaska filing deadline. These measures could, theoretically, have filed signatures by the January 2010 deadline. Since they didn't, and since Alaska has a rolling deadline of one year from the time that the initiative is approved for signature circulation, these initiatives might still collect signatures to qualify for the 2012 ballot.
- 2010 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- Alaska Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state
- Laws governing the initiative process in Alaska
- Current Alaska petitions status report
- List of Alaska initiatives from 1960-2000 (PDF file)
- Voter Pamphlet for the August 24, 2010 ballot measure election
- Voter pamphlet for the November 2, 2010 election
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |