Alaska Term Limits, Measure 4 (1994)
The vote on this measure became moot when the U.S. Supreme Court decided U.S. Term Limits, Inc. v. Thornton in 1995.
Text of the proposal
The ballot language said, "This initiative would ban ballot listing for some candidates for Congress. It would apply to candidates for U.S. Senator who have, at the end of the current term, been a senator 12 of the last 18 years. It would also apply to candidates for U.S. Representative who have, at the end of the current term, been a Representative 6 of the last 12 years. These candidates may still receive write-in votes. The ban would not take effect until 24 other states adopt similar bans or Congressional term limits. Service in Congress before then would not be counted toward the ban."
- Alaska 1994 ballot measures
- 1994 ballot measures
- List of Alaska ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- National Conference of State Legislatures Ballot Measures Database
- I and R Institute, History of Alaska's Initiatives