|New Jersey General Assembly District 29|
|2008 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||New York University|
|Master's||New York University, 1992|
|Date of birth||06/16/1969|
|Place of birth||Newark, NJ|
|Profession||Managing Partner, Alter International|
Coutinho, who has a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Finance and an MBA in International Economics and Organizational Behavior from New York University, works as a consultant for Al-Ter International and Ammco Development. He is also the owner of Coutinho's Bakery. 
- Joint Committee on State Leasing and Space Utilization
- Commerce and Economic Development (Chair)
- Human Services
- A504 Requires appointed board of education members and candidates for an elected board to reveal criminal convictions prior to assuming or running for office.
- A2233 Requires certain cities of the second class to establish a Second Chance Council to develop a plan to increase jobs for released criminals and high school dropouts.
- A2241 Requires inmates in State correctional facilities to earn high school equivalency certificate prior to parole or discharge.
- A4048 "New Jersey Economic Stimulus Act of 2009"; appropriates $15 million to "New Jersey Affordable Housing Trust Fund."
National Political Awareness Test
Coutinho's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of Coutinho's positions on a number of issues. He did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
Coutinho ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 29. Coutinho is bracketed with L. Grace Spencer. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Aracelis Sanabria Tejada (R), Elaine L. Guarino (R), and incumbent L. Grace Spencer (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013. 
Coutinho won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent L. Grace Spencer ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Elaine Guarino and Lisa Kistner in the general election on November 8.
Coutinho successfully won re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election. He was bracketed with L. Grace Spencer and defeated Republican challengers Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada and Fernando Linhares, along with Independent candidate Joanne Miller.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|L. Grace Spencer (D)||21,205|
|Alberto Coutinho (D)||20,628|
|Fernando E. Linhares (R)||2,787|
|Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada (R)||2,761|
In 2011, Coutinho received $217,464 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Alberto Coutinho's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Automobile Dealers Assocation||$10,500|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$9,350|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$9,200|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$217,464|
|Total Votes received in 2011||8,391|
|Cost of each vote received||$25.92|
Below are Coutinho's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$98,529|
|Heavy & General Construction Laborers Local 472||$9,200|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,700|
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$5,000|
|New Jersey Education Association||$4,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alberto + Coutinho + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Alberto Coutinho
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Coutinho
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Coutinho
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Coutinho Issue Positions
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |