|New Jersey General Assembly District 29|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Managing Partner, Alter International|
Coutinho, who has an MBA in International Economics and Organizational Behavior from New York University, works as a consultant for Al-Ter International and Ammco Development. He is also the owner of Coutinho's Bakery. 
Coutinho's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of Coutinho's positions on a number of issues. He did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- Joint Committee on State Leasing and Space Utilization
- Commerce and Economic Development (Chair)
- Human Services
- A504 Requires appointed board of education members and candidates for an elected board to reveal criminal convictions prior to assuming or running for office.
- A2233 Requires certain cities of the second class to establish a Second Chance Council to develop a plan to increase jobs for released criminals and high school dropouts.
- A2241 Requires inmates in State correctional facilities to earn high school equivalency certificate prior to parole or discharge.
- A4048 "New Jersey Economic Stimulus Act of 2009"; appropriates $15 million to "New Jersey Affordable Housing Trust Fund."
Below are Coutinho's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Local 472 PAC||$7,200|
|NJ Regional Council of Carpenters||$5,000|
|NJ Education Assoc||$4,500|
|Laborers UL 472 PAC||$2,000|
Coutinho is running for re-election in 2011. He and incumbent L. Grace Spencer ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. Elaine Guarino and Lisa Kistner ran unopposed in the Republican primary.
Coutinho successfully won re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election. He was bracketed with L. Grace Spencer and defeated Republican challengers Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada and Fernando Linhares, along with Independent candidate Joanne Miller.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twenty-Ninth Legislative District (2009)|
|L. Grace Spencer (D)||21,205|
|Alberto Coutinho (D)||20,628|
|Fernando E. Linhares (R)||2,787|
|Aracelis Sanabria-Tejada (R)||2,761|
- New Jersey General Assembly- Hon. Alberto Coutinho
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- NJ Assembly Dems - Assm. Coutinho
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Coutinho
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Coutinho Issue Positions
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
|New Jersey General Assembly District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |