Alex Hernandez, Jr.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 30|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas|
|J.D.||St. Mary's University School of Law|
Hernandez's professional experience includes working as an attorney; specializing in family law, criminal law, constitutional law, and injury law. He earned his A.A. in General Studies from Victoria College, B.A. in Economics from the University of Texas, and J.D. from St. Mary's University School of Law. He was admitted to the Texas State Bar in 2001.
Hernandez is affiliated by the following organizations; Keep Victoria Beautiful, VBEC, Victoria Economic Development Council, Sure BET, Victoria County Democrats, Victoria Chamber of Commerce, Victoria Bar Association, Calhoun County Bar Association, Calhoun County Democrats.
In a submitted bio, Hernandez described his political philosophy:
- "Catholic values to the position with God and Constitution first and foremost, I hope to make Texas first again in the areas we are lagging such as education and healthcare"
- He adds, "I am an educated man with degrees in Law and Economics, this makes me qualified. I will be dedicated to this position and pledge public service to the people of the District."
Hernandez ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 30. Hernandez ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Geanie Morrison (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Geanie Morrison Incumbent||68.3%||38,304|
|Democratic||Alex Hernandez, Jr.||31.7%||17,750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Alex + Hernandez + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Candidate bio submission, September 24, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Texas Secretary of State Election History
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |