|Florida State Senate District 38|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Villalobos earned his B.A. from the University of Miami in 1985 and his J.D. from Florida State University in 1988. His professional experience includes working as an Assistant State Attorney for the 2nd Judicial Circuit of Florida and Adjunct Professor for Florida International University.
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Florida State Senate
- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations Committee, Florida State Senate
- Criminal Justice Committee, Florida State Senate
- Military Affairs and Domestic Security Committee, Florida State Senate
- Rules Committee, Florida State Senate
On November 7, 2006, Villalobos won re-election to the Florida Senate from Florida's 38th Senate district. Villalobos received 55,592 votes in the election, defeating Leighton Lang (NPA), who received 15,642 votes. Villalobos raised $598,142 for his campaign in 2006; Lang raised $2,000.
|Florida Senate, District 38|
|Alex Villalobos (R)||55,592||78.0%|
|Leighton Lang (NPA)||15,642||22.0%|
In 2006, Villalobos collected $598,142 in campaign donations. The seven largest contributors to his campaign were as follows:
|Florida Cable Telecommunications Association||$2,500|
|United Teachers of Dade||$2,500|
|Bright House Networks||$2,000|
|Florida Dental Association||$2,000|
|Sheridan Children's Healthcare Services||$1,500|
|Ronald L. Book||$1,500|
Villalobos and his wife, Barbara, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Alex + Villalobos + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida State Senate
- Florida Senate Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart Alex Villalobos candidate summary
- Project Vote Smart Alex Villalobos biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Florida Senate, District 38
| Succeeded by|