|U.S. House, Illinois, District 4|
|High school||Lane Tech|
|Bachelor's||Columbia College Chicago|
|Master's||Columbia College Chicago|
|Profession||Small business owner, insurance industry|
Eidenberg is a native Chicagoan and a graduate of Chicago public schools. Following her graduation from Lane Tech High School, she attended Columbia College Chicago earning her B.A. in Marketing Communications in 2004.
Professionally, Eidenberg has worked in the insurance industry and in retail and marketing. She continued to work while attending school to earn a Masters of Arts Management in small business entrepreneurship from Columbia College Chicago in 2009.
Currently, she is the president of The Insurance People, an insurance practice that she co-founded in 2010.
Eidenberg listed the following issues on her campaign website:
- Women's rights: "I’ll fight every single day to make sure that women get the same protection under the law, the same opportunities, the same honest pay for the same honest work - that everyone enjoys."
- Abortion: "I believe in a woman’s right to choose. I believe in a woman’s right to control our own reproductive system, and access to fertility treatment."
- Healthcare: "[I am] a strong supporter of the Affordable Care Act...I will fight to protect small business owners from the unintended negative impacts of legislation like ACA. For example, the calculation currently used to verify company size exposes too many small business owners to severe penalties."
- Jobs: "I will fight to attract more good companies to the greater ChicagoLand area, and I will fight to create a pro-business environment that will directly result in more jobs, and stronger families."
- Small businesses: "We need to work together to shop small business and create more advantageous tax options for small business owners."
- Social Security: "Our seniors worked their entire lives investing in Social Security, and they deserve to get back every dollar they paid in... As our next member of Congress I’ll fight any politician who tries to cut those benefits, or break that promise."
- National budget: "As a fiscal conservative, I believe it’s time we had a common-sense discussion about how to bridge the financial gap without violating our most precious values."
- Excerpts taken from candidates' websites may contain spelling and grammatical errors
Eidenberg ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 4th District. Eidenberg sought the Democratic nomination in the primary on XPRIMARYDATEX. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Eidenberg and her husband, Roger, have two children, identical twins.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Alexandra + Eidenberg + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Illinois' 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Illinois' 4th Congressional District
- Illinois Division of Elections, "Candidate Detail," accessed December 3, 2013
- [http://www.alexandraeidenberg.com/ Alexandra Eidenberg: "About," accessed December 8, 2013
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on December 5, 2013
- LinkedIn: "Alexandra Eidenberg," accessed December 8, 2013
- Alexandra Eidenberg: "Issues," accessed December 8, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |