Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Florida, District 2|
|January 3, 1997 – January 3, 2011|
|Birthday||June 6, 1945|
|Place of birth||Valdosta, Georgia|
Frequency of Voting with Democratic Leadership
According to a July 2010 analysis of 1,357 votes cast from January 1, 2009 to June 16, 2010, Boyd has voted with the House Democratic leadership 95.5% of the time. That same analysis reported that he also voted with party leadership 97% of the time in 2010.
Washington Post Analysis
A separate analysis from The Washington Post from July 23, 2010, concluded that he votes 95.8% of the time with a majority of Democrats in the House of Representatives.
Boyd also supported the "Cap and Trade" bill. Just after the bill’s passage, 42% of likely U.S. voters said that cap and trade would hurt the economy, while 19% believed it would help. 15% said that the bill would have no impact.
Finally, Boyd voted in favor of the health care reform bill. 57% of likely voters at least somewhat favor repeal of the health care reform bill, including 46% who strongly favor repeal. 35% of likely voters oppose repeal. 51% of likely voters believe the health care reform bill will be bad for the country, while 36% believe it will be beneficial.
- A Line of Sight, July 2010
- The Washington Post analysis
- U.S. House Clerk, "Roll Call 681," October 3, 2008
- Gallup, "Among Recent Bills, Financial Reform a Lone Plus for Congress," September 13, 2010
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 477," June 26, 2009
- Rasmussen, "42% Say Climate Change Bill Will Hurt The Economy," June 30, 2009
- US House Clerk, "Roll Call 165," March 21, 2010
- Rasmussen, "61% Favor Repeal of Healthcare Law," September 20, 2010