Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Educational Service District Tax Levy Increase Proposal (February 2013)
An Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Educational Service District Tax Levy Increase proposal was overwhelmingly defeated on the February 26, 2013 election ballot in Alcona, Alpena, Montmorency and Presque Isle Counties which are in Michigan.
If approved, this measure would have authorized the Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Education Service District to increase property taxes by 3 mills ($3 per $1,000 of assessed valuation) for ten years in order to fund the operations and local school enhancement. The estimated revenue from this tax in the first year is $5,640,704.
|AMAESD Millage Prop|
- These final, certified, election results are from the Alpena County elections website.
Text of measure
Language on the ballot:
|“||Pursuant to state law, the revenue raised by the proposed millage will be collected by the intermediate school district and distributed to local public school districts based on pupil membership count.
Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property in Alpena-Montmorency-Alcona Educational Service District, Michigan, be increased by 3 mills ($3.00 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 10 years, 2013 to 2022, inclusive, to provide operating funds to enhance other state and local funding for local school district operating purposes; the estimate of the revenue the intermediate school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2013 is approximately $5,640,704?
- February 26, 2013 ballot measures in Michigan
- Alcona County, Michigan ballot measures
- Alpena County, Michigan ballot measures
- Montmorency County, Michigan ballot measures
- Presque Isle County, Michigan ballot measures
- Voters Overwhelmingly Reject Regional Enhancement Millage
- Michican SOS Sample Ballot Generator
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |