|Kansas House of Representatives District 16|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Associate's||Nebraska Christian College|
|Bachelor's||Wayne State College|
Grosserode is a teacher and tea party organizer. Grosserode organized one of the first Tea Parties to protest stimulus spending and political "pork" outside Congressman Dennis Moore's office in Overland Park on Feb. 21, 2009, with an estimated 750,000 in attendence.  Grosserode also helped organize a "Tax Day Tea Party" attended by an estimated 10,000, which was held at Johnson County Community College on April 15, 2009.  
In a speech at the AFP Defending the American Dream Summit in Topeka on May 1, 2010, Grosserode explained what led her to get involved in politics and encouraged others to do the same. 
I’m just a mom. …
As many of you were, and like I was, in the fall of 2008 I was very interested in what was going on at the federal level. If you remember there was that huge debate about the TARP package.I did not think it was a good use of our tax dollars. I thought it would burden my children years into the future.
It distressed me that we [had] … big government intervention into our banking system. The banks that made risky choices were having major financial problems because of it.
Grosserode graduated from Nebraska Christian College with an Associate's Degree. She transferred to Wayne State College and earned a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education.
Grosserode has been appointed to the following committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Education Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Federal and State Affairs Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 16 General Election (2010)|
|Amanda Grosserode (R)||4,266|
|Gene Rardin (D)||3,530|
In 2010, Grosserode raised $32,663 in contributions. 
Her three largest contributors were:
|Kansas Chamber Of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Amanda + Grosserode + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Grosserode and her husband Chad have two children.
- Official legislature website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- 750 in Overland Park brave cold, wind to protest stimulus, pork (photo essay)
- Overland Park Tea Party at Johnson County Community College
- Video of Overland Park Tea Party
- Amanda Grosserode: "You need to get involved"
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," retrieved June 19, 2012.
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2010 contributions
Gene Rardin (D)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |