Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 26|
|Bachelor's||Central Michigan University|
|Master's||Michigan State University, Northern Illinois University|
|J.D.||Chicago-Kent College of Law|
|Profession||Attorney and Teacher|
Howland earned a B.S. in Education from Central Michigan University, M.A. in Psychology from Michigan State University, M.S. in Educational Administration from Northern Illinois University, and J.D. from the Chicago-Kent College of Law.
Howland previously worked as a Special Education teacher, Assistant Principal and a Principal in elementary education.
Howland's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "We have to demand fiscal accountability and transparency. We have to encourage investments in new technology and the green economy to help create new jobs. We need temporary tax credits for business that hire new workers."
- Excerpt: "With today's global economy we have to remain competitive. Supporting and improving our schools is critical. We are one of the 15 wealthiest states yet we rank 48th out of 50 in per pupil educational spending. We must force Springfield to meet its constitutional obligation to fairly fund our schools. Repeated property tax increases are not the answer."
- Excerpt: "Unfortunately, corruption has been commonplace in Illinois. Pay to play politics must be ended once and for all. We need to make further reforms to campaign financing. We must do everything possible to keep government contracts transparent."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Howland ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 26. Howland was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Dan Duffy (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Duffy Incumbent||62.9%||63,510|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amanda + Howland + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Amanda Howland, "About," accessed January 4, 2012
- Amanda Howland, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012