|West Virginia House of Delegates District 51|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$131/day during session|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Pasdon represented District 44 from 2010 to 2012.
Pasdon studied at the University of Georgia and West Virginia University. She is a Director of Business Development for the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pasdon served on the following committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Education, Minority Chair|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Banking and Insurance|
|• Joint Education, Minority Chair|
|• Outcomes-Based Funding Models in Higher Education|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pasdon served on these committees:
|West Virginia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Joint Education|
|• Health and Human Resources|
|• Roads and Transportation|
|• Veterans Affairs and Homeland Security|
Pasdon's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We must do more to ensure college is accessible to all who qualify, through scholarships, such as the Promise Scholarship Program, financial aid opportunities, and employer based tuition reimbursement incentives. Every student who works hard and who has dreams of going to college should have the chance to realize that dream."
- "Providing tax credits to employers that assist in the purchase of health insurance."
- "Developing partnerships and programs in healthcare information technology, especially in the implementation and portability of electronic medical records, and matters of compliance and confidentiality."
- "Continuation and enhancement of medical programs for children and senior citizens, and protecting them from the impacts of budget cuts."
- "Increasing support for community-based solutions.
- "I firmly believe that bringing broadband to the 44th will bring higher paying jobs, more telecommuting opportunities and will improve the overall health of our economy."
- "It is my goal to create legislation that champions local business and aids in growing West Virginia's economy through enacting tax relief for small business. I recognize that small businesses are critical to our economy and would continue to advocate for more funding for Small Business Development and incentive opportunities."
- "We must fight for a system that works for everyone. We can not continue to burden our small businesses or rely on a patchwork of government and community services; we need to find a sensible solution that is fair, equitable and, above all, one that allows citizens of all ages and income levels access to quality, affordable healthcare."
Quality of Life and Enjoyment
- Excerpt:"We need greater emphasis placed on preserving our remaining open spaces. Doing so will go a long way toward ensuring the rights of future generations of sportsmen to hunt and fish, and for all of us to enjoy the incredible beauty of our outdoor treasures. It is important to residents of this community that any growth in our transportation infrastructure and our retail market be implemented responsibly, and considering that, we must ensure that economic development plans will not disturb the quality of life and enjoyment that we have in our district."
Pasdon won re-election in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 51. Pasdon advanced past the May 8 primary election and won re-election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Pasdon was elected to District 44. She defeated Republicans Kevin Patrick Jr., Kevin Scott Poe, and Chris Walters and Democrat Stephen Lee Cook, Independent Paul Brown and Libertarian Tad Britch. Pasdon was one of ten candidates running for the four positions in District 44 on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. Only the top four vote-getters were elected. She defeated Republican James Elvis Austin in the May 11 primary. 
Comprehensive donor information for Pasdon is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Pasdon raised a total of $106,519 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 31, 2013.
|Amanda Pasdon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||West Virginia State House, District 51||$50,789|
|2010||West Virginia State House, District 44||$55,730|
|Grand Total Raised||$106,519|
2012Pasdon won re-election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2012. During that election cycle, Pasdon raised a total of $50,789.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Pasdon's campaign in 2012|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Hartzell, Craig W||$1,000|
|West Virginia Hospital Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$50,789|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Pasdon won election to the West Virginia House of Delegates in 2010. During that election cycle, Pasdon raised a total of $55,730.
|West Virginia House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amanda Pasdon's campaign in 2010|
|West Virginia Chamber of Commerce||$2,500|
|Jp Morgan Chase & Co||$1,500|
|Roberts, Stephen G||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$55,730|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Pasdon was endorsed by:
- Appalachian Electric Power
- CSX Railroad
- Dominion Resources
- Jackson Kelly, PLLC
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank
- The West Virginia Chamber
- National Right to Life Committee
- West Virginians for Life
- Business and Industry Council
- West Virginia Automobile Dealers Association
- West Virginia Contractors Association
- CONSOL Energy
- West Virginia Bankers Association
- Coca-Cola Bottling
- Eastern Associated Coal Corporation
Pasdon has a husband, Dr. Christopher Scott Payne. She is a former member of the Miss West Virginia USA pageant.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amanda + Pasdon + West + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Amanda Pasdon on the West Virginia House of Delegates website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Pasdon's blog
- Pasdon on Facebook
- WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- West Virginia Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate Listing By Office
- 2012 West Virginia Primary Election Official Results
- Official WV primary election results
- Official Primary Results SOS
- Official General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Pasdon, Amanda," accessed July 31, 2013
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |