|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Michigan University|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
|J.D.||Novus Law School|
Thomas is a retired teacher, counselor, and paralegal. She received her B.A. from Eastern Michigan University, her M.A. from the University of Michigan, her paralegal diploma from Oakland University, and her J.D. magna cum laude from Novus Law School.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Amaryllis Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Seven challengers ran in the Republican primary; Eric Leutheuser came in first, with Tim Haberl following. Leutheuser defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
Thomas ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 58. Thomas ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Kenneth Kurtz (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kenneth Kurtz Incumbent||69.8%||24,438|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Amaryllis + Thomas + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 58
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Amaryllis Thomas on Facebook
- Amaryllis Thomas on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Amaryllis Thomas for State 58, homepage, accessed August 3, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed June 6, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |