Difference between revisions of "American Bridge 21st Century"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
, American Bridge spent $,, .<ref>[http://www.opensecrets.org//.php?=C00492140&cycle=2012 ''Open Secrets''"," , ]</ref>
Revision as of 12:07, 9 July 2013
|American Bridge 21st Century|
American Bridge works closely with House Majority PAC and other Democratic Super PACs; Communications Director Chris Harris said, "Our research helps to inform their polling; their polling helps us decide where we want to do our media hits." Their research includes finding old video footage of Republican candidates, scrutinizing speeches, capturing new footage on the campaign trail, and delving into public records.
American Bridge was started by David Brock, founder of watchdog organization Media Matters. The two organizations share a fundraising firm and many donors.
As of early 2012, American Bridge had 50 employees.
According to the website Open Secrets, American Bridge 21st Century spent $332,994 on the 2012 elections. Those funds were used to oppose four candidates, all of whom did not win election in 2012.
According to its website, American Bridge "monitored" the following candidates in 2012:
|Rob Portman||Vice President|
|Tim Pawlenty||Vice President|
|Paul Ryan||Vice President|
|Marco Rubio||Vice President|
The top 5 donors to the American Bridge 21st Century as of June 21, 2012, were as follows.
|American Bridge 21st Century Foundation||$246,340|
|Service Employees International Union||$200,000|
The top 5 industries donating to the American Bridge 21st Century as of June 21, 2012, were as follows.
|Public Sector Unions||$675,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "American + Bridge + 21st + Century"
- All stories may not be relevant to this organization due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=American+Bridge+21st+Century&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=American Bridge 21st Century News Feed
- American Bridge "Who We Are," Accessed July 6, 2012
- Roll Call "American Bridge 21st Century Super PAC Is Hub of Left," February 13, 2012
- ABC News "Bush Library Refuses To Release Rob Portman’s Records," June 22, 2012
- Open Secrets, "American Bridge 21st Century," accessed July 9, 2013
- American Bridge "What We're Monitoring," Accessed July 6, 2012
- Open Secrets "Top Organizations Disclosing Donations to American Bridge 21st Century, 2012," June 21, 2012
- [http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidespending/indus.php?cmte=C00492140&cycle=2012 Open Secrets "Contributions to American Bridge 21st Century Industry Breakdown, 2012," June 21, 2012]