Difference between revisions of "American Samoa Constitution"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
* [[Article I,
* [[Article I, Constitution|Article I]] - Bill of Rights.
* [[Article II,
* [[Article II, Constitution|Article II]] - The Legislature.
* [[Article III,
* [[Article III, Constitution|Article III]] - Judicial Branch.
* [[Article IV,
* [[Article IV, Constitution|Article IV]] - Executive Branch.
* [[Article V,
* [[Article V, Constitution|Article V]] - Miscellaneous.
Latest revision as of 14:54, 3 July 2014
|American Samoa Constitution|
|I • II • III • IV • V|
The Preamble of the American Samoa Constitution states:
Whereas by Executive Order No. 10264 the President of the United States directed that the Secretary of the Interior should take such action as may be necessary and appropriate and in harmony with applicable law, for the administration of civil government in American Samoa; and
Whereas it is appropriate that, in the process of developing self-government, the people of American Samoa should enjoy certain rights and responsibilities inherent in the representative form of government; and
Whereas it is desirable that these rights and responsibilities be clearly set forth in a Constitution, and the adoption of a Constitution is in harmony with applicable law; and
Whereas the Constitution adopted in 1960 provided for a revision thereof:Now, therefore, this revised Constitution, having been ratified and approved by the Secretary of the Interior and having been approved by a Constitutional Convention of the people of American Samoa and a majority of the voters of American Samoa voting at the 1966 election, is established to further advance government of the people, by the people, and for the people of American Samoa.
- Article I - Bill of Rights.
- Article II - The Legislature.
- Article III - Judicial Branch.
- Article IV - Executive Branch.
- Article V - Miscellaneous.
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Congressman Eni Faleomavaega,"Revised Constitution of American Samoa"
- American Samoa Bar Association,"Revised Constitution of American Samoa"