|Minnesota State Senate District 19|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Saint Cloud University|
|Birthday||October 8, 1971|
|Place of birth||Chatham Township, MN|
|Profession||Employee, National Security Agency|
|Senate Office website|
Koch graduated from St. Cloud State with her Bachelor's Degree in 1999 and also served in the US Air Force on active duty from 1992 to 1996. Koch is also a business owner when the legislature is not in session.
In May 2011, Governing Magazine named Koch one of 17 "GOP Legislators to Watch." Each of the legislators was selected on the basis of qualities like leadership, ambition, and political potential.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Koch served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Koch served on these committees:
- Business, Industry and Jobs
- E-12 Education Budget and Policy Division
- Economic Development and Housing Budget Division (Ranking Minority Member)
- Energy, Utilities, Technology and Communications
- Transportation Budget and Policy Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 19 (2010)|
|Amy Koch (R)||27184||68.50%|
|Jim Bischoff (DFL)||12466||31.41%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 19 (2006)|
|Amy Koch (R)||23,524||61.35%|
|Todd Edward Ketchel (DFL)||14,780||38.55%|
In 2010, Koch received $37,542 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Amy Koch's campaign in 2010|
|Wright County Rpm||$1,000|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|Minnesota Corn State PAC (FKA Minnesota Corp)||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$37,542|
In 2006, Koch collected $23,821 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Wright County Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,200|
|Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association||$500|
|Small Independent Telephone Companies/SITCO||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Amy + Koch + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Koch represents Minnesota Senate District 19. District 19 includes Wright County.
Amy is married to Christopher Koch. The have one child and reside in Buffalo, Minnesota.
- Amy Koch's official campaign website
- Amy Koch's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Gay community apologizes to Amy Koch for ruining her marriage", citypages.com blogs, December 22, 2011
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2006 contributions to Amy Koch
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 19
|Minnesota State Senate District 19
| Succeeded by|
Kathy Sheran (DFL)