Difference between revisions of "Andre Jacque"
|Line 60:||Line 60:|
the 2011 legislative session, Jacque served on committees:
|Judiciary and Ethics
Urban and Local Affairs
Revision as of 16:25, 8 February 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003|
|Place of birth||Beaver Dam, WI|
Before being elected, Jacque was a Green Bay Area Transit Planning Coordinator. He graduated with a BS from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2003.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jacque served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice|
At the beginning of the 2011 legislative session, Jacque served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Criminal Justice, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary and Ethics|
|• Urban and Local Affairs|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Jacque won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 2. Jacque ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Larry Pruess in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andre Jacque Incumbent||58.6%||17,082|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||13,958|
|Ted Zigmunt (D)||8,456|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||3,204||48.62%|
|Jeff Van Straten (R)||2,239||33.98%|
|Terry Ostrander (R)||1,135||17.22%|
Jacque campaign slogan is "Common Values-Common Sense." He lists the following campaign issues as his focus:
- Taxes - Excerpt: "I support tougher state spending controls"...and "...requiring state agencies to justify their base budget spending..." and "...repeal the numerous state tax hikes passed during 2009..."
- Jobs and the Economy - Jacque proposes to reverse the current trend by the following actions: "Support the REPEAL of the $242.5 million jobs tax...," "Support the Recruit & Retain Jobs NOW Act," "Support an Economic Development Superfund...," "Oppose massive tax hikes for government-run healthcare.", and "Work to repeal auto insurance changes written by trial lawyers..."
- Abortion: Excerpt: "100% Pro-Life," is a "Member of Pro-Life Wisconsin and Wisconsin Right to Life", and "...will work to eliminate taxpayer funding for programs and organizations that perform and promote abortions."
- 2nd Amendment: Jacque will work to "Require that sportsmen's fees are used for sporting, wildlife and conservation purposes...,"Ensure that rural, publicly-owned property remains available to citizens for recreation and hunting...," and is a "NRA member, Supports the Right to Carry Act."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, when Jacque first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $86,992 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Mark Gottleib||$1,500|
|National Rifle Association||$1,500|
|Republican Party of 6th Congressional District of Wisconsin||$1,500|
|6 individual donors||$1,500 each|
Jacque is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Andre + Jacque + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Campaign website biography
- Rick Santorum for President, "Wisconsin Conservatives Rally Behind Rick Santorum," March 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- Follow the Money.org, Andre Jacque candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011
Ted Zigmunt (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |