Difference between revisions of "Andre Jacque"
m (Text replace - " BS " to " B.S.")
m (Text replace - " B.S.f" to " B.S. f")
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Jacque graduated with a B.S.from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2003. Before being elected, Jacque was a Green Bay Area Transit Planning Coordinator.<ref>[http://www.jacqueforassembly.org/en-us/about/default.aspx Campaign website biography]</ref>
Jacque graduated with a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2003. Before being elected, Jacque was a Green Bay Area Transit Planning Coordinator.<ref>[http://www.jacqueforassembly.org/en-us/about/default.aspx Campaign website biography]</ref>
Revision as of 02:30, 16 August 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003|
|Date of birth||10/13/1980|
|Place of birth||Beaver Dam, WI|
Jacque graduated with a B.S. from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2003. Before being elected, Jacque was a Green Bay Area Transit Planning Coordinator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jacque served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice|
|• Energy and Utilities|
|• Jobs, Economy and Mining|
|• Judiciary, Vice-chair|
|• Public Safety and Homeland Security, Chair|
|• Urban and Local Affairs|
|• Joint Review on Criminal Penalties, Co-chair|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacque served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Criminal Justice, Vice Chair|
|• Judiciary and Ethics|
|• Urban and Local Affairs|
Jacque's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Taxes - Excerpt: "I support tougher state spending controls"...and "...requiring state agencies to justify their base budget spending..." and "...repeal the numerous state tax hikes passed during 2009..."
- Jobs and the Economy - Jacque proposes to reverse the current trend by the following actions: "Support the REPEAL of the $242.5 million jobs tax...," "Support the Recruit & Retain Jobs NOW Act," "Support an Economic Development Superfund...," "Oppose massive tax hikes for government-run healthcare.", and "Work to repeal auto insurance changes written by trial lawyers..."
- Abortion: Excerpt: "100% Pro-Life," is a "Member of Pro-Life Wisconsin and Wisconsin Right to Life", and "...will work to eliminate taxpayer funding for programs and organizations that perform and promote abortions."
- 2nd Amendment: Jacque will work to "Require that sportsmen's fees are used for sporting, wildlife and conservation purposes...,"Ensure that rural, publicly-owned property remains available to citizens for recreation and hunting...," and is a "NRA member, Supports the Right to Carry Act."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Jacque won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 2. Jacque ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012, and defeated Larry Pruess in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andre Jacque Incumbent||58.6%||17,082|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||13,958|
|Ted Zigmunt (D)||8,456|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||3,204||48.62%|
|Jeff Van Straten (R)||2,239||33.98%|
|Terry Ostrander (R)||1,135||17.22%|
Comprehensive donor information for Jacque is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Jacque raised a total of $120,622 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Andre Jacque's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2||$33,630|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2||$86,992|
|Grand Total Raised||$120,622|
2012Jacque won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Jacque raised a total of $33,630.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andre Jacque's campaign in 2012|
|Wisconsin Republican Party||$1,913|
|Key, Michael K||$500|
|Wisconsin Public Service Corp||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,630|
|Source: Follow the Money|
2010Jacque won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Jacque raised a total of $86,992.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andre Jacque's campaign in 2010|
|Kuehne, Carl W||$1,500|
|Citizens for Mark Gottlieb||$1,500|
|Olson, John M||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$86,992|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Jacque is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Andre + Jacque + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010
- Campaign website biography
- Campaign website
- Rick Santorum for President, "Wisconsin Conservatives Rally Behind Rick Santorum," March 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- followthemoney.org, "Jacque, Andre," accessed June 5, 2013
Ted Zigmunt (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |