|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2|
| Assumed office|
January 3, 2011
| Current term ends|
January 3, 2013
Before being elected, Jacque was a Green Bay Area Transit Planning Coordinator. He graduated with a BS from the University of Wisconsin - Madison in 2003.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacque has been appointed to these committees:
- Criminal Justice Committee, Vice Chair
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||13,958|
|Ted Zigmunt (D)||8,456|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 2 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Andre Jacque (R)||3,204||48.62%|
|Jeff Van Straten (R)||2,239||33.98%|
|Terry Ostrander (R)||1,135||17.22%|
Jacque campaign slogan is "Common Values-Common Sense." He lists the following campaign issues as his focus:
- Taxes - Excerpt: "I support tougher state spending controls"...and "...requiring state agencies to justify their base budget spending..." and "...repeal the numerous state tax hikes passed during 2009..."
- Jobs and the Economy - Jacque proposes to reverse the current trend by the following actions: "Support the REPEAL of the $242.5 million jobs tax...," "Support the Recruit & Retain Jobs NOW Act," "Support an Economic Development Superfund...," "Oppose massive tax hikes for government-run healthcare.", and "Work to repeal auto insurance changes written by trial lawyers..."
- Abortion: Excerpt: "100% Pro-Life," is a "Member of Pro-Life Wisconsin and Wisconsin Right to Life", and "...will work to eliminate taxpayer funding for programs and organizations that perform and promote abortions."
- 2nd Amendment: Jacque will work to "Require that sportsmen's fees are used for sporting, wildlife and conservation purposes...,"Ensure that rural, publicly-owned property remains available to citizens for recreation and hunting...," and is a "NRA member, Supports the Right to Carry Act."
In 2010, when Jacque first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $86,992 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Citizens for Mark Gottleib||$1,500|
|National Rifle Association||$1,500|
|Republican Party of 6th Congressional District of Wisconsin||$1,500|
|6 individual donors||$1,500 each|
Jacque is married and has two children.
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
Ted Zigmunt (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |