Revision as of 14:41, 2 September 2011 by Tyler King
Oregon State House District 50
Wang's campaign website lists three main issues:
- Economy: "We can make Oregon open for business again. When Oregonians are working, they are contributing to Oregon’s economy. A business-friendly climate is vital for local employers to create new jobs and put Oregonians to work. Andre believes innovation and ingenuity will bring back Oregon’s economy, so long as government gets out of the way of progress..."
- Budgeting and Fiscal Discipline: "State spending has increased 39% over the last four years — and 60% over the last six years. Yet the economy and wages have not grown at the same pace. We all have to budget responsibly and live within our means. Why shouldn’t your state government have to?"
- Education: "Oregon’s education budget should be the first one funded, not the last, to protect our investment in our children. Further, a rainy day savings account specifically for education and essential service will help stabilize funding during economic downturns. Our priorities should be funding for classrooms, school choice and local control of educational decisions while rewarding excellence in instruction and student achievement..."
- Health Care: "Health care was also about excellent delivery by health care providers, rapid access to care throughout the community, and measurable quality in clinical outcomes, patient satisfaction and the overall health improvement of our community. Andre believes these important factors must be addressed along with cost to ensure that the principals of choice and competition preserve your ability to obtain excellent health care for you and your family."
- Crime: "Public safety was a necessary and essential service to all Oregonians. Families should be able to count on safe streets, drug-free schools and gang-free neighborhoods. Yet public safety starts with vigilance in our own communities and cooperation with local law enforcement. Andre supports providing appropriate resources for law enforcement and voter-approved mandatory minimum sentences for certain violent offenders . . . because your safety depends on it."
Andre for Oregon
Post Office Box 443
Gresham, Oregon 97030
- Official campaign website
- "Oregon Votes," State Voter Guide Profile
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- Official campaign youtube channel
- Oregon May 18 primary election results
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Oregon Live Voter's Guide Profile
- Imagine Election Profile