|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 53B|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Election history
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Kieffer earned her B.S. in Business Management from the University of Minnesota. Her professional experience includes working as a nonprofit volunteer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kieffer served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance and Policy|
|• Labor, Workplace and Regulated Industries|
|• Public Safety Finance and Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kieffer served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Regulatory Reform|
|• Education Reform|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance|
Kieffer's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
The Budget and Taxes
- Excerpt: "Our economy will not improve until we balance the budget and change our state spending habits."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "The growth of small, mid-sized and large private-sector Minnesota businesses is crucial to the success and stability of our state economy."
- Excerpt: "Well-educated citizens in Minnesota pave the way to financial security and stability for our state."
Kieffer won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 53B. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Ann Marie Metzger (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 53B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andrea Kieffer Incumbent||54.9%||12,060|
|Democratic||Ann Marie Metzger||45.1%||9,909|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 56B (2010)|
|Marsha Swails (DFL)||9,494||46.79%|
|Andrea Kieffer (R)||10,778||53.12%|
Comprehensive donor information for Kieffer is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kieffer raised a total of $78,952 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 13, 2013.
|Andrea Kieffer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 53B||$35,177|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 56B||$43,775|
|Grand Total Raised||$78,952|
2012Kieffer won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kieffer raised a total of $35,177.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrea Kieffer's campaign in 2012|
|56th Senate District Republican Party of Minnesota||$500|
|North Star SFAA-PAC||$500|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Leonard Street & Deinard||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$35,177|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kieffer raised $43,775 in contributions.
Her three largest contributors were:
|56Th Senate District RPM||$4,825|
|Kieffer, Andrea L||$1,531|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Kieffer and her husband, John, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrea + Kieffer + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "andreakieffer," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- Follow the Money, "Kieffer, Andrea," accessed December 13, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Carol McFarlane (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 53B
| Succeeded by|
Marsha Swails (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 56B
| Succeeded by|
Will Morgan (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |