|Michigan House of Representatives District 32|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Central Michigan University, 2009|
|Master's||Central Michigan University, 2011|
- 1 Issues
- 2 Elections
- 3 Campaign donors
- 4 Committee assignments
- 5 Andrea LaFontaine’s Campaign Contributions
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
LaFontaine previously worked as a legislative assistant.
LaFontaine graduated from Central Michigan University in 2009 with a degree in Political Science. She hopes to complete her Masters of Public Administration in August 2011.
LaFontain's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt:"Michigan has dramatically improved our tax and regulatory environment, and today, our unemployment rate is at 8.3%, the lowest rate since July 2008. This is real progress, however there is still more work to be done."
Taxes & Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt:"I believe that you know how to spend your hard earned dollars much better than the government, and will work hard to reduce your tax burden, including speeding up the rollback of Michigan’s income tax rate."
- Excerpt:"Every child in Michigan should be given an opportunity to succeed. That is why I voted in favor of legislation that empowers parents to make decisions on behalf of their children."
- Excerpt:"I am 100% Pro-Life and I do not support abortion under any circumstances. I am proud to be the ONLY candidate endorsed by Michigan Right to Life."
- Excerpt:"I do not support Obamacare, and have opposed its implementation in Michigan. Hardworking taxpayers across Michigan have faced increasing health insurance premiums, and the Obamacare plan does nothing to address these problems – in fact premiums are rising."
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 32 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Andrea LaFontaine Incumbent||71.7%||5,033|
LaFontaine won election to the District 32 Seat in 2010. She defeated Galen Johnson, David Novak and Michael Shmina in the August 3 Republican primary. She defeated Jennifer Haase (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 32 General election (2010)|
|Andrea LaFontaine (R)||16,101|
|Jennifer Haase (D)||14,354|
|Scott Dudek (L)||1,367|
More voting record details
- List of all of Andrea LaFontaine’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In 2010, LaFontaine raised $31,615 in contributions. 
Her three largest contributors were:
|Lafontaine, Catherine A||$2,523|
|Lafontaine, Catherine A||$2,350|
|Macomb County Republican Party||$1,124|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, LaFontaine has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, LaFontaine served on these committees:
- Local, Intergovernmental, and Regional Affairs
Andrea LaFontaine’s Campaign Contributions
Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Andrea LaFontaine received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Rep. Andrea LaFontaine
N-796 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (517) 373-8931
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrea + LaFontaine + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Official Biography
- Voting Record on MichiganVotes.org
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |