Andrea Nuciforo, Jr.
|Andrea Nuciforo, Jr.|
|U.S. House, Massachusetts, District 1|
|Massachusetts State Senate|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts-Amherst|
|Master's||New York University Stern School of Business|
|J.D.||Boston University School of Law|
|Place of birth||Pittsfield, MA|
Error creating thumbnail: convert: no decode delegate for this image format `/tmp/magick-yklwB04u' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/544.
convert: no images defined `/tmp/transform_e5ea1832fbdf-1.png' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3044.
Nuciforo was born and raised in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. He earned his B.A. in English from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst in 1986. He went on to obtain his law degree from Boston University and his M.B.A. from New York University. For three years after law school, Nuciforo clerked for Chief Judge Frank H. Freedman of the United States District Court in Springfield. He served as a Massachusetts state Senator from 1997 to 2007. 
|Andrea Nuciforo (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$136,606.89||$42,624.71||$(45,314.34)||$133,917.26|
|July Quarterly||June 30, 2012||$133,917.26||$61,912.16||$(66,646.80)||$129,182.62|
On his campaign website, Nuciforo listed six issues. They are:
- Term Limits
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "Currently, those who serve in Congress can become lobbyists as soon as they walk down off of the Hill–a practice that diminishes public faith in our system. Nuciforo wants to put an end to this practice that only seeks to further entrench our leaders with their former colleagues."
- Protecting Small Farms
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "Small farms are an asset to our community and fundamental to ensuring food security. Nuciforo recognizes the importance of the local food movement and the need to establish a healthy and sustainable relationship with food."
- Veteran's Policy
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "As congressman, Nuciforo will work to guarantee quality health care for veterans, provide support for military families, and ensure that troops have access to education, training and counseling opportunities to succeed in civilian life upon their return home."
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "As your Congressman, I will take my commitment to Washington where I will remain a vocal champion of environmental protection and stewardship, and use my experience to enact these priorities as legislation."
- Standing up for Seniors
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "To protect the interests of our senior citizens, I will fight to: defend Social Security, facilitate individual retirement savings, protect Medicare, and insure affordable access to prescription drugs."
- Women's Rights
- On his website, Nuciforo says, "Women in America today face challenges in the workplace and greater responsibilities at home. Nuciforo feels strongly about supporting and empowering women – in their workplace and their access to health care." 
Nuciforo has one son with his wife, Elena.
- Andrea Nuciforo Jr. Official Campaign Website
- Andrea Nuciforo Jr. for U.S. Congress Facebook
- Andrea Nuciforo Official Twitter
- Andrea Nuciforo for Congress Youtube Channel
- Andrea Nuciforo Campaign Flickr
- Andrea Nuciforo Campaign RSS Feed
- Nuciforo "Biography" June 20, 2012
- Open Secrets "Massachusetts Congressional Elections, 2012 Cycle," Accessed January 5, 2012
- Associated Press "Massachusetts Primary Results," Accessed September 6, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrea Nuciforo Summary Report," Accessed July 2, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrea Nuciforo April Quarterly," Accessed July 2, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrea Nuciforo July Quarterly," Accessed August 10, 2012
- Nuciforo for Congress "Issues and Values" August 11, 2012
- Andrea Nuciforo for U.S. Congress "Biography," Accessed January 5, 2011