Revision as of 02:06, 31 January 2013 by Tking
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 9|
|J.D.||University of California|
|Service/branch||United States Navy Reserves|
|Profession||President, 'Democracy' Journal|
Cherny's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Build on Health Care Reform
- Excerpt: "Struggling middle class families need relief from ever rising costs and we need a health care system that works for patients. President Obama's Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was a good start, but there is still more work to do."
- A Real Record of Protecting Social Security
- Excerpt: "Since his days working for President Clinton, Andrei has described Social Security as a “sacred trust between the American people and their government.” And he’s the only candidate in this race who has successfully beaten back right-wing attempts to privatize it."
- Make Arizona the 'Solar State'
- Excerpt: "Andrei will work to make Arizona the ‘Solar State’ – what Silicon Valley is to computers or Motor City was to cars. Congress can do much of this without spending new money, but instead changing its priorities and making a commitment to build a clean energy future."
- Hold Wall Street Accountable
- Excerpt: "The problem isn’t that Washington's not working – it’s that Washington's not working for us. Special interests buy high-powered lobbyists to get their way. They use their campaign contributions to gain special leverage, and get members of Congress to slip in special loopholes."
- Build a New Economy
- Excerpt: "We need more than a return to the status quo of a lost decade and a generation of diminished expectations, when flipping houses and shorting stocks took the place of innovation and effort, two-income couples maxed out their credit cards and took out second mortgages just so their families could tread water, and the nation piled enormous deficits on top of already monster debts with nothing to show for it."
|Andrei Cherny (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2012||$0||$433,078.35||$(39,418.23)||$393,660.12|
|July Quarterly||July 16, 2012||$394,160.12||$301,894.81||$(226,994.54)||$469,060.39|
|Pre-Primary||August 16, 2012||$469,060.39||$126,503.36||$(306,475.89)||$289,087.86|
- Campaign website, Priorities
- Official primary candidate list
- Associated Press primary results
- Federal Election Commission "Andrei Cherny's Summary Report," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrei Cherny April Quarterly," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrei Cherny July Quarterly," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Andrei Cherny Pre-Primary," Accessed August 23, 2012
- Campaign website, President Clinton: My decision