Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 50|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||University of Illinois at Chicago|
Bernard earned his bachelor's degree from Illinois State University. He went on to receive his master's degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Bernard's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Job creation must be placed as the top priority of Illinois. People are desperately attempting to gain employment, but our government's failure has stopped them from reaching their goal. "
- Income Tax Relief
- Excerpt: "Illinois has one of the most regressive tax systems in the nation. This has been seen from the unfair tax increase that has been implemented on middle-class Illinois residents. "
- Welfare Reform
- Excerpt: "Illinois is currently in a financial crisis. Our state must learn to be more fiscally responsible, while at the same time, helping place people back in the job market."
- Creating Accountability
- Excerpt: "The past decades of public service in Illinois have simply been embarrassing. The way our public servants act is Springfield is not up to par. "
- Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "I fully support a concealed carry law for Illinois."
- Cutting Government Waste
- Excerpt: "The financial decisions of Illinois have been poor and resulted in a deficit of over 13 billion dollars. Illinois must continue to work to cut unnecessary spending and learn to live within its means."
- Property Tax Relief
- Excerpt: "It is crucial that Illinois supports property tax relief for property owners. I will support continued property tax credits for Illinois residents."
Bernard ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 50. Bernard was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Kay Hatcher (R) in the November 6 general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kay Hatcher Incumbent||63.9%||29,934|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Bernard + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Friends to Elect Andrew Bernard Facebook page
- Campaign website, Key 3 Plan
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed May 14, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |