|New York State Assembly District 28|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Hevesi defeated Joseph Fox in the September 14 Democratic primary. He faced Aleksander Powiertzynski (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he is running on the Working Familes ticket.
On November 4, 2008 Hevesi won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 28, defeating opponent Walter Schmidt (R).
Hevesi raised $1,000 for his campaign while Schmidt raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 28 2008|
|Andrew Hevesi (D)||22,667|
|Walter Schmidt (R)||8,413|
In 2008, a year in which Hevesi was up for re-election, he collected $1,000 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|Greater New York Auto Dealers Association||$500|
|New York State Association of Realtors||$500|
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Renewable Energy
- New York Assembly - Rep. Andrew Hevesi
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|New York Assembly - District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |