Andrew I. Falk
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 94|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Falk's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Andrew decided to run for office because he feels the needs of the middle class are not being met. He is concerned that our elected officials have not been responsive to the challenges of this difficult economy and he worries that the middle class cannot thrive and grow unless they are a priority in Albany."
Time for MTA Tax to end
- Excerpt: "To shift the MTA's fiscal problems onto businesses is unfair, bad for business and ultimately bad for New York. It is time to end the MTA tax."
Stop Common Core
- Excerpt: "Our children deserve better and so do we. We must raise our voices together and stop common core."
- Excerpt: "When Albany has a good idea, Albany should pay for it. For too long our elected officials have gone up to Albany and 'pushed down' legislation onto our schools, towns and counties. If any new legislation comes down from Albany, it should be fully funded so our local taxes don't increase."
- Excerpt: "I also am proposing tax credits for businesses that hire employees because the private sector is the engine that runs the economy. Government's role should be to encourage job growth and help businesses bet on themselves. This proposal offsets the risk that businesses worry about when they expand their workforce with a 15% state tax credit when they hire new employees."
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Andrew I. Falk was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Steve Katz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Falk ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets and Katz ran on the Conservative Party ticket. Katz defeated Falk in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 94 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Steve Katz Incumbent||53%||19,620|
|Democratic||Andrew I. Falk||47%||17,432|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Falk ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 94. Falk ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. He was defeated by incumbent Stephen Katz -in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Andrew I. Falk||45.7%||24,903|
In 2014, Falk's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andrew + Falk + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 94
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Andrew Falk on Facebook
- Andrew Falk on Twitter
- New York State Assembly
- Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Falk for NY, "Issues," accessed October 10, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- Falk for NY, "Endorsements," accessed October 10, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |