Difference between revisions of "Andrew Kerr"
|Line 193:||Line 193:|
Revision as of 15:01, 10 January 2012
|Colorado House of Representatives District 26|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$45/day in Denver area, $99/day outside|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
|Master's||University of Colorado|
|Birthday||October 21, 1968|
Kerr is a teacher and curriculum Specialist at Jefferson County Public Schools.
Kerr did not provide answers to the Colorado State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
The bill increases the number of potential regional tourism projects that the Economic Development Commission may approve in the few years following the bill, if it were to pass. The projects would include tourism spots like anything from museums to resort hotels, from amusement parks to a major sports arena.
The initial authorization of regional projects, and corresponding taxing districts, was born out of Senate Bill 09-173, which former Gov. Bill Ritter signed into law.
“State tourism is not only a great way to infuse Colorado’s economy with more revenue, but it also creates more jobs,” said Swerdfeger. “By allowing more regional tourism project applications to be approved, our state creates more ways to bring tourists to Colorado.”
Kerr said looking at ways to expand tourism is particularly wise in its potential for a cross-pollination of revenue sources.
“Regional tourism provides huge potential for economic growth here in Colorado,” said Kerr. “Smart, targeted legislation like this will help bring more visitors to Colorado and expand our tourism sector, and it has the potential to create jobs across the state."
Kerr's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 09-1107 - HOA Limits On Energy Efficiency Measures
- HB 09-1199 - Healthy Forests Vibrant Communities Act
- HB 09-1299 - National Popular Vote Agreement
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
- SB 10-001 - Modifications to Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA) Fund
- HB 1311 - Colorado Regional Tourism Act
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kerr has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
- Education Committee, Colorado House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kerr served on these committees:
- Business Affairs and Labor Committee
- Business Affairs and Labor
- Legislative Council
- Rule 36 Complaint (Vice Chair)
Redistricting has drawn Kerr into the same senate and house legislative district as two other incumbents of the state house, Max Tyler and Kenneth Summers. As of yet, the legislators have not decided what office they will run for in 2012.
Kerr ran for re-election to the 26th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the August 10 primary. Kerry defeated Mark A. Barrington (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 26 General election (2010)|
|Andrew Kerr (D)||13,624|
|Mark A. Barrington (R)||10,435|
Kerr raised $66,899 for his campaign, while Warren raised $7,508.
|Colorado State House, District 26 (2008)|
|Andrew Kerr (D)||18,850|
|Ray Warren (R)||12,226|
In 2010, Kerr raised $85,786 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$3,725|
|Colorado Education Association||$2,125|
|Colorado State Conference Of Electrical Workers Small Donor Cmte||$2,125|
Below are Kerr's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,450|
|CO Association of Realtors||$4,250|
|CO Education Association||$4,250|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|CO Professional Fire Fighters||$4,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrew + Kerr + Colorado + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Andy Kerr's official website
- Colorado House of Representatives - Rep. Andrew Kerr
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Andy Kerr on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kerr
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Kerr Issue Positions
- "Lawmakers, guv give another lift to tourism," by Debi Brazzale, Colorado News Agency, June 20, 2011
- "Redrawn Colorado House District 23 throws together trio of legislators", denverpost.com, December 8, 2011
- 2008 general election results, Colorado
- Colorado House spending, 2008
- 2010 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Colorado House District 26
| Succeeded by|