Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Retired office holder|
|Connecticut State Senate District 27|
|2003 - 2011|
McDonald was on the Stamford Board of Representatives from the Cove from 1993 to 1995.
He earned his B.A. in Government from Cornell University. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law.
McDonald was Managing Editor for the Connecticut Journal of International Law. He worked as Director of Legal Affairs for the City of Stamford from 1999 to 2002. He also worked as Corporation Counsel for the City of Stamford during this time. He is currently Litigation Partner for Pullman and Comley, Limited Liability Company.
Prior to leaving the senate, McDonald served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Finance Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Transportation Committee, Connecticut Senate
- See also: Connecticut State Senate elections, 2010
McDonald ran for re-election to the 27th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Bob Kolenberg (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut State Senate, District 27 General Election (2010)|
|Andrew McDonald (D)||14,750|
|Bob Kolenberg (R)||10,321|
|Connecticut State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Andrew McDonald (D)||25,946|
|David Bedell (Write-in)||5|
In 2008, McDonald collected $40,168 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrew + McDonald + Connecticut + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fast-food workers rally for higher wages across the nation - Marin Independent Journal
- PT1M11S http://www.smh.com.au/action/externalEmbeddedPlayer?id=d-2ys7v ... - Sydney Morning Herald
- Private Emails Hide Work Of Malloy's Administration - Hartford Courant
- Bernanke's Crisis Playbook Reopens as QE Taper Nears - Businessweek
- Italian Prosecutors Investigate Apple Subsidiary For Alleged Tax Evasion - Daily Beast
- On the Road Again: Patrick Leigh Fermor's Memoir, Finished At Last - Daily Beast
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002
|Connecticut State Senate - District 27
| Succeeded by|
Carlo Leone (D)