|New York State Assembly District 9|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Raia's professional experiences include chief of staff for Suffolk County Legislator Allan Binder; and as an office worker for multiple New York State Assemblymen, a New York State Senate Majority Leader, and a New York State Senator.
Raia earned a BA in political science from the State University New York at New Paltz.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Raia has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Mitchell-Lama
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Raia served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Raia ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. He defeated Christopher Dempsey (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 9 2010|
|Andrew Raia (R)||27,156|
|Christopher Dempsey (D)||11,967|
On November 4, 2008 Raia won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 9, defeating opponents Karen Kerr-Ozimek (D) and Michele Mastrangelo (WF).
Raia raised $114,874 for his campaign while Kerr-Ozimek raised $11,662 and Mastrangelo raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 9 2008|
|Andrew Raia (R)||33,905|
|Karen Kerr-Ozimek (D)||20,225|
|Michele Mastrangelo (WF)||1,002|
In 2008, a year in which Raia was up for re-election, he collected $114,874 in donations.
|New York State United Teachers||$2,800|
|Suffolk County Police Benevolent Association||$2,475|
|Edward Gersh PAC||$2,200|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Andrew Raia
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|New York Assembly - District 9
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |