For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 18|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Place of birth||West Union, IA|
|Profession||Associate Registrar, Upper Iowa University|
Wenthe has worked as an Associate Registrar at Upper Iowa University. He has also been a volunteer with the John Edwards for President Campaign, Legislative Assistant to State Senator Jeff Danielson, and on the Legislative Staff of Senator Chuck Grassley.
He is a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wenthe served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Wenthe served on the following committees:
- Appropriations (Vice Chair)
- Economic Growth
- Subcommittee on Education Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Fiscal
Wenthe won re-election to the 18th District seat against Roger Arthur (R). Wenthe had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 18 General Election (2010)|
|Andrew Wenthe (D)||5,499|
|Roger Arthur (R)||5,463|
On November 4, 2008, Wenthe was re-elected to the 18th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Austin Lorenzen (R). Wenthe raised $123,467 for his campaign, while Lorenzen raised $60,693.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 18|
|Andrew Wenthe (D)||7,861|
|Austin Lorenzen (R)||6,170|
In 2010 Wenthe collected $170,746 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andrew Wenthe's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$98,392|
|AFSCME Iowa Council 61||$10,000|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$4,000|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$170,746|
In 2008 Wenthe collected $123,467 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$50,545|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,000|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$2,499|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Andrew + Wenthe + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Andrew Wenthe's Personal Website
- Andrew Wenthe on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Wenthe
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Andrew Wenthe
|Iowa House of Representatives District 18
| Succeeded by|
Jason Schultz (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |