|Washington State Senate District 45|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Colgate University, 1986|
|Master's||Harvard Business School, 1990|
|Place of birth||Devner, CO|
Hill graduated from Colgate University with a degree in physics, and received his MBA from the Harvard Business School. Prior to his election, Hill worked as a Program Manager in the Windows division of Microsoft.
In May 2011, Governing Magazine named Hill one of 17 "GOP Legislators to Watch." Each of the legislators was selected on the basis of qualities like leadership, ambition, and political potential.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Early Learning & K-12 Education|
|• Energy, Environment & Telecommunications|
|• Ways & Means, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hill served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Higher Education & Workforce Development|
|• Early Learning & K-12 Education|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Andy Hill was elected to the Washington State Senate District 45 seat in 2010. He ran unopposed in the August 17 primary. He defeated first-term Democrat Eric Oemig in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington State Senate, District 45 General Election (2010)|
|Andy Hill (R)||29,606||50.97%|
|Eric Oemig (D)||28,482||49.03%|
|Washington State Senate, District 45 Primary (2010)|
|Andy Hill (R)||15,979||51.51%|
|Eric Oemig (D)||15,045||48.49%|
In 2010, the year Hill was first elected to the Senate, he collected $418,782 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Senate Republican Campaign Committee of Washington||$66,492|
|Washington State Republican Party||$65,797|
|King County Republican Central Committee||$32,251|
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Hill proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $18.4 million, the 29th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 46 Washington state senators on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
Hill and his wife, Molly, live in Redmond. They have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Andy + Hill + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Andy Hill on the Washington State Senate website
- Andy Hill on the Senate Republican Caucus website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Andy Hill on Facebook
- Governing, "GOP Legislators to Watch," May 24, 2011
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Washington State Elected Officials and Leaders," February 13, 2012
- Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- Washington Legislature Official General Election Results
- Follow the Money.org, Andy Hill candidate summary, Retrieved June 9, 2011
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state senators by proposed new taxes and fees
|Washington State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|