|Illinois State Senate District 48|
|Macoupin County Board|
|2003 - Present|
|Mayor, City of Bunker Hill|
|2001 - 2003|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University|
|Place of birth||Macoupin County|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Manar won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 48. Manar was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Republican Mike McElroy in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 48, General Election, 2012|
Manar's campaign website listed the following endorsements, among others:
- Alliance PAC
- Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois
- Illinois AFL-CIO
- Southwestern Illinois Building and Construction Trades Council
- Citizen Action Illinois
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Manar has a wife, Trista, and three children, Abbie, Will, and Ben.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Manar + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Friends of Andy Manar Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Andy Manar, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012
- The State Journal-Register, "Last-minute money floods into Manar-McElroy state Senate race," November 1, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Andy Manar," accessed October 21, 2012