For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Illinois State Senate District 48|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Macoupin County Board|
|2003 - Present|
|Mayor, City of Bunker Hill|
|2001 - 2003|
|Bachelor's||Southern Illinois University|
|Date of birth||November 15, 1975|
|Place of birth||Macoupin County|
Manar has a bachelor's degree in history from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. In 1997, he was elected to the Bunker Hill City Council. Manar served as mayor of his hometown, Bunker Hill, from 2001-2003. In 2003, he joined the Macoupin County Board and was elected chairman in 2004. He served four successive terms.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Manar served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Conservation|
|• Appropriations I|
|• Appropriations II|
|• Committee of the Whole|
|• Executive Appointments|
|• Higher Education|
|• State Government & Veterans Affairs|
|• Legislative Audit Commission|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Andy Manar ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Linda Little ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Manar then defeated Little in the general election.
|Illinois State Senate District 48, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Andy Manar Incumbent||55.6%||34,402|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Manar won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 48. Manar was unopposed in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and defeated Republican Mike McElroy in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 48, General Election, 2012|
Manar's campaign website listed the following endorsements, among others:
- Alliance PAC
- Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois
- Illinois AFL-CIO
- Southwestern Illinois Building and Construction Trades Council
- Citizen Action Illinois
Comprehensive donor information for Manar is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Manar raised a total of $1,680,235 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
|Andy Manar's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State Senate, District 48||$1,680,235|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,680,235|
2012Manar won election to the Illinois State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Manar raised a total of $1,680,235.
|Illinois State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Andy Manar's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Senate Democratic Fund||$334,430|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$176,652|
|Service Employees Illinois State Council||$55,870|
|Afscme Illinois Council 31||$51,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,680,235|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- Equality Illinois Political Action Committee (PAC)
- The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO)
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills that "impacted the social work profession and their clients."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on conservative issues.
Manar and his wife, Trista, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Manar + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Illinois State Legislature
- Illinois state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Andy Manar on Facebook
- Friends of Andy Manar Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter account
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Senator Andy Manar, "Biography," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- Andy Manar, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Manar, Andy," accessed July 17, 2013
- Windy City Media Group, "Equality Illinois PAC issues endorsements," January 17, 2014
- Illinois AFL-CIO, "2014 Illinois AFL-CIO Primary Election Endorsements," accessed March 5, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Andy Manar," accessed October 21, 2012
Tom Johnson (R)
|Illinois Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|