For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Difference between revisions of "Andy Ostrowski"
m (Text replace - "+House&um" to "+Congress&um")
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
Revision as of 14:53, 5 July 2014
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Millersville University, 1988|
|J.D.||Widener University School of Law, 1992|
|Profession||Civil rights lawyer|
Ostrowski earned a B.A. in political science from Millersville University in 1988. He went on to receive his J.D. from Widener University School of Law in 1992. Ostrowski is employed as a civil rights lawyer.
COURT REFORM IS THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS CAMPAIGN
We are living in a generation where we are seeing the incremental stripping of the individual rights and liberties upon which America was founded. Self-government has always depended upon free and open courts, and the public view of justice. That is no longer the case. Today, the courts and access to justice are controlled by lawyers, and bar associations, and by the courts themselves. They control access to justice by commanding that the lawyer’s first duty is to the court itself, as “officers of the court.” Too often, lawyers whose first duty is to the individual, are harassed, disciplined, bankrupted, or disbarred. These things need to be investigated and understood. People are being denied due process and equal access to the justice, as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
During this campaign, and on this site, I will discuss how these issues are matters of national importance. When individuals lose access to the courts, we lose the right of self-governance. I will make specific proposals for how to address these issues through the exercise of constitutional congressional powers.
Ostrowski's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Tom Corbett, Penn State, and Kids-for-Cash
- Excerpt: "There is nothing more troubling to us as Pennsylvanians than the destruction heaped upon our great Commonwealth by the Jerry Sandusky scandal at Penn State University and the kids-for-cash scandal that rocked Luzerne County."
- Excerpt: "I applaud the effort to address what has become a matter of national importance. Over 50% of all personal bankruptcies are the result of catastrophic medical bills that ruin families and destroy their futures."
- Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "I believe in true free enterprise and believe our innovators and entrepreneurs, who put their personal fortunes on the line and bear all responsibility for their successes and failings should not be burdened with greater taxes and regulations"
- Excerpt: "We need a compassionate immigration policy that does not tear families apart, but we also need firm enforcement, to ensure that people come into our borders legally, with the lesson that the rule of law prevails in America."
- Labor and Trade
- Excerpt: "I believe that the President's jobs bill should be debated and enacted, and that there is no legitimate reason this cannot be done on a bi-partisan basis."
Ostrowski ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 11th District. Ostrowski ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 20, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
In early 2013, PoliticsPA and The Hill previewed three Pennsylvania races which showed promise for a competitive primary or potential partisan switch. Of the eighteen total House seats up for election in 2014, Republicans held thirteen.
In the 11th District race, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee was looking at Chris Carney as a potential challenger to incumbent Lou Barletta; however, Carney declined to enter the race. Barletta instead faced Democrat Andy Ostrowski in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Andy + Ostrowski + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 11th Congressional District
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed March 12, 2014
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Campaign website, "Experience," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 18, 2014
- PoliticsPA, "Carney Vs. Barletta?," February 26, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |